)What is meant by reciprocal altruism?
2)The McCullough,et al article proposes that by specifically experiencing “gratitude” motivates beneficiaries to repay their benefactors and to extend generosity to third parties; in effect, engage in further altruistic, prosocial behavior. Explain the authors’ view of the emotion of gratitude as leading to prosocial behavior.
3) The website, Altruism Is An Illusion, and the McCullough article both discuss an evolutionary process behind prosocial behavior. What is their argument supporting prosocial behavior as necessary for survival of the species?
4) What are some of the other possible reasons/motivations for altruistic behavior (specifically…see the “Altruism Is an Illusion” website link).
5) View the two videos in the Week 3 assignment. What variables were influential in determining whether “helping” or “protective” behavior would occur? Describe some of the behaviors exhibited in each video of individuals presented with these situations. Comment on your reaction to the results and suggest possible reasons for the altruistic (and non-altruistic) behaviors. Do the two articles help explain what occurred in the videos?
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS