Diversity Training Manual: Part IV
As the new manager of human resources, you are preparing the next section of the diversity training manual, which focuses on making supervisors more aware and sensitive to religious discrimination issues.
This section of the training manual should include the following information:
- Give an explanation of the Civil Rights Act, Title VII 1964 legislation, dealing specifically with the meaning of reasonable accommodation for religious practices.
- Click here to read the Civil Rights, Title VII 1964 legislation.
- For each of the 3 religious groups listed, describe and explain the following:
- Include at least 2 religious practices that could easily be accommodated by management without any hardship for the company.
- Include at least 2 practices that would be difficult to accommodate.
The 3 religious groups you will be examining are as follows:
- Orthodox Jewish
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
As the human resources manager, you are now ready to complete your diversity training manual to be used for training and sensitizing your employees on diversity issues. This final section will cover actual legislation. You would like your employees to not only be aware of issues dealing with discrimination that may not be addressed in legislation (the moral component) but to be knowledgeable of the seriousness of the discriminatory practices that have been made into law.
Affirmative Action is one of the most contentious issues; its intent and the discriminatory result of applying it in practice has become a major issue in today’s workforce.
Using this Web site (or any others you find), write a paper of 4-6 pages that will summarize the following points and become part of the training manual:
- What is Affirmative Action?
- What was the initial intent of Affirmative-Action legislation?
- What did the landmark Bakke v. Regents case conclude? Click here to read the case.
- What was the basis for the conclusion?
- What are the positive and negative results of Affirmative Action legislation?
- In your evaluation, is Affirmative Action legislation is still appropriate?
Ball, H. (2000). The Bakke case. Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas. Retrieved from http://lilt.ilstu.edu/gmklass/pos334/archive/ball.htm
Civil Rights Act, 42 U.S.C. § 2000e (1964). Retrieved from http://finduslaw.com/civil-rights-act-1964-cra-title-vii-equal-employment-opportunities-42-us-code-chapter-21
University of California Regents v. Bakke, 438 U.S. 265 (1978). Retrieved from the FindLaw Web site: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=438&invol=265
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS
- ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-6 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Individual Project will be graded based upon the rubric provided here.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS