As a Child Protective Services worker, you must be able to advocate for those who are most vulnerable. It is not only our job as human service workers to care for our clients, but we must also advocate on a macro level on their behalf.
Locate a law, bill, or case in your community or state regarding child abuse or neglect. Examples include the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) and Adoption Safe Families Act (AFSA).
Track its path from inception to the present and note where it is in the governmental process.
Visit http://www.llsdc.org/state-legislation the Law Librarians’ Society of Washington, D.C. website for additional ideas.
Write a 350-word letter to an elected official regarding your position on this legislation or case as it applies to children and families. If applicable, feel free to actually send your letter to the elected official.
Address the following items in your letter:
- Summarize the selected bill or law and state its current status.
- Summarize the historical events and context in which the law was created. How has the history of child abuse and neglect helped shape this public policy or legal response?
- How might this bill or law affect children in your state?
- What can you do to affect the outcome of this bill or change or support this law?
- Include relevant qualitative and quantitative statistical data to support your position.
Format your letter consistent with APA guidelines
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS