- Chapter 9 of the textbook explores the principles behind the development of self-image, social competence, and self-efficacy in children. Early childhood educators and families have a crucial role in the positive development of these areas. For this discussion, please create a short article that is at 150 to 200 words long for your parent newsletter or a short two- to three-minute video for a parent presentation. Your article or video should explain to parents what self-image, social competence, and self-efficacy are, the process of development in children, how you will positively support children in the classroom, and ways parents can support this positive development at home. If you choose to create a video, please be sure the file is saved in a format that can be attached or linked in your discussion post for viewing.
- Chapter 10 begins, “in today’s United States, there is no typical family; rather, there is a vast diversity of family structures in which children develop and learn” (Wardle, 2013, p. 274). Our classroom, families, and children are reflective of this statement. Early care and education programs have a crucial role in supporting all families and “by supporting the family, we support the child” (Wardle, 2013, p. 283).
Reflecting on these quotes from the textbook, choose two common obstacles that families face from the list below and explain how you will work with families to overcome this obstacle.
c.Problems with substance abuse by family member
e.Lack of extended family support
For each of the obstacles you have chosen, complete the following prompt with critical thought and elaboration. Each obstacle should have a minimum of two ways that you will support families who are facing the challenge.
As an early childhood educator, in an effort to support families who ________________, I will _____________.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS