Important! Read First
Choose one of the following two assignments to complete this week. Do not do both assignments. Identify your assignment choice in the title of your submission. When you are ready to submit, click the Module 6 Critical Thinking header on the Assignments page to upload the document.
Assignment Choice #1: Global Money Doesn’t Buy Happiness. Well, on Second Thought . . .
Read “You Manage It! 1” in Managing Human Resources (2016, p. 317). After reading the case, complete the following items:
- Write a summary of the case,
- Answer the critical thinking questions, and
- Elaborate on two key learnings from the case related to trends in employee benefits, legal implications, and cost-containment strategies. Be sure to clearly state the two key learnings and defend them in well-organized, scholarly responses.
A key learning is defined as significant knowledge gained from reading the case. You may choose to explain your key learnings by offering a real-world application, personal insight, your thoughts and opinions about what was stated, how it is handled at your company, etc.
Please arrange your summary, questions, and key learnings in a well-organized, scholarly response of 2-3 pages. Include a title page and references page which are not included in the page count. Support your observations and opinions with citations from 2-3 credible sources documented according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
Assignment Choice #2: Human Resources and Organizations
For this assignment, you will develop a PowerPoint presentation that demonstrates your knowledge of current trends in employee benefit programs, legal implications, and cost-containment strategies by providing a synopsis of the options being offered or considered by employers and the implications of each option.
In order to complete this assignment, you will synthesize all content from the week’s learnings. In addition, you are to utilize outside sources.
To effectively demonstrate your knowledge of the roles, functions, and competencies required in organizations, you must synthesize content from the reading assignments and module content. In general, the amount of content in this module can be summarized with 15 slides. Please support your observations and opinions with citations from 2-3 credible sources documented according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
PowerPoint Slides should follow some basic formatting guidelines:
- Bulleted text should use the 7 X 5 rule: No more than 7 words per bullet, and no more than 5 bullets per slide. This ensures the text can be seen from a distance (and keeps presenters from simply reading their slides.)
- Whenever possible, include an applicable illustration along with text. An example is utilizing a table that illustrates employment statistics or trends.
- Use color intentionally: Simple is better. The purpose is to summarize key points. Don’t focus too much on bells and whistles, a lot of color, and animation. While it’s fun to design with these tools, in the end, it takes away from your presentation. Your audience will get lost in the “dazzle” and miss the content.
- Provide speaker notes for this slide or slides. Explain the model in more depth in the speaker notes.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS