b) Set chainage points at 20m intervals commencing at the take-off point. Note that for this exercise, the design line shall be the centreline.
c) Calculate earthwork quantities using the 20m-interval cross-sections over the length of the road using Civil3D. Draw the mass-haul diagram (in scale) and discuss its properties.
You can either draw the mass-haul diagram using Excel or Civil3D.
d) Prepare scale drawings of:
• The plan, showing horizontal curve details and cut-and-fill extremities.
• The longitudinal profile along the design line showing vertical grading details and cut-and-fill requirements.
• 4 ‘typical’ cross-sections (e.g., a tangent, curves, through the rock, etc.) for each route.
a) Compute the 20-year cost of the road on the basis of costs advised by the Department of Transport (proposed bypass and no build). This will include construction, acquisition, environmental, social and operations and maintenance costs. Relevant data can be found in Road Project Data Excel file.
b) Conduct a detailed economic evaluation using the NPW, benefit/cost ratio and incremental benefit/cost ratio methods.
c) Discuss social and environmental impacts
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS