Emma and Isabella attend the front office at an urgent care facility. They have worked together for over five years and enjoy collaborating on projects. As their manager you have asked them to work together to create a team training on effective communication in the workplace. Emma feels that it is important to provide hands-on learning (e.g., role play) while Isabella feels lecture would be the most appropriate format for this team. Emma defends her point by saying that her sister has been a teacher for 10 years, and she has proven that hands-on learning will increase the engagement and likelihood of remembering the training material. Isabella feels that Emma does not account for her 10 years of experience in the medical office and voices her disgust with Emma and her lack of appreciation for her experience. Isabella storms off and leaves Emma to finish the work. Emma approaches the manager and complains that she has been left to complete the training because Isabella refuses to talk or work with her.
Write a 265- to 350-word paper that discusses how you would handle the situation and includes the following:
- Describe the type of conflict illustrated in the scenario.
- Identify strategies the manager could use to resolve the conflict between Emma and Isabella to create a supportive climate again.
- Explain how the defensive climate created by the conflict will affect the workplace relationship between Emma and Isabella.
- Discuss the impact it could have on the other clinic staff and the consumers who use the clinic
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS