Human Resource Management (HRM) is a function (managing the human resources of an organization); and/or a department (the group of people who manage the human resources function); and/or the actual leaders/managers that manage the human resources of an organization. Make sure you are clear as to how you are using the term (HRM) and whether you are referring to the function, the department, or the management team. Multiple factors influence HRM including its evolving role in organizations, globalization forces, legal issues, and assessment of the HRM contribution to performance.
Select any one of the following starter bullet point sections. Review the important themes within the sub questions of each bullet point. The sub questions are designed to get you thinking about some of the important issues. Your response should provide a succinct synthesis of the key themes in a way that articulates a clear point, position, or conclusion supported by research. Select a different bullet point section than what your classmates have already posted so that we can engage several discussions on relevant topics. If all of the bullet points have been addressed, then you may begin to re-use the bullet points with the expectation that varied responses continue.
- The role of HRM has been rapidly evolving over the last decade from a bureaucratic enforcer of policies to that of a strategic business partner with the organization’s leadership team. Utilizing the term Strategic Human Resource Management distinguishes the evolving relationship and responsibilities compared to traditional HRM.
- Evaluate the differences between strategic and traditional HRM. For example, those differences relate to organizational strategy, structure, and assessment?
- Evaluate the pros and cons of a move from traditional to strategic HRM.
- If you were the CEO of a large, diversified, multinational company, what value would you expect your HRM function to add to the organization?
- How would you determine whether HRM was providing value? For example, how would you know whether the HRM function was being effective?
- Which measures would you use for evidence of effectiveness?
- How would you assign accountability for effectiveness?
- Much has been made of the increasingly global nature of the business environment. Evaluate at least two major forces that cause organizations to internationalize.
- For the industry in which you work (or aspire to work), which of these forces will play important roles in the future?
- How might these forces impact HRM?
- Not only has much been written about the forces contributing to globalization, much has also been written about the challenges of going global. Evaluate at least two major challenges an organization might face as it attempts to internationalize.
- How might these challenges be overcome (it might be helpful to use your current organization or another organization as a specific example for assessing and overcoming the challenges)?
- How might these challenges impact HRM?
- HRM is connected to legal issues in multiple ways. For example, the questions that can be asked in an interview, protections for certain classes of people, and the rights of a union are influenced by various laws and regulations.
- Summarize at least two key Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws that might impact the hiring process in an organization.
- Evaluate steps that an HR department (or HR manager) might take to assure legal hiring processes are being used in an organization.
The final paragraph (three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response.
Your posting should be the equivalent of 1 to 2 single-spaced pages (500–1000 words) in length.
Cascio, W. F. (2015). Managing Human Resources: Productivity, Quality of Work Life, Profits, (10th Ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin. ISBN: 9780078112959
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS