Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in Film
View a film where the main character meets some ultimate goal (self-actualization). Excellent examples:Cast Away, American Beauty Pursuit of Happiness, Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, The Blindside, We Bought a Zoo. Each film depicts Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs through the character’s struggles.
Construct an essay regarding the use of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in film. Include the following concepts and perspectives:
- In your own words describe the five levels present in Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Analyze how the main character progressed through the levels of needs outlined in Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Identify specific moments when the character is being motivated intrinsically and extrinsically and how those moments contribute to their overall success.
- Utilize one theory of emotion in exploring how emotions motivate the individual.
For example, after viewing the film American Beauty, describe the transformation of Lester Burnham from an empty man to being a self-actualized individual. In the film Cast Away, demonstrate which needs Chuck Noland attempted to address when he first arrived on the island? How did he accomplish meeting those needs? How did Chuck progress through the Hierarchy of Needs?
Your assignment should be a minimum 400 words of text (not including of any references or heading information such as name, date, course number, etc.).
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS