The 4-MAT Review is a way of responding to readings, lectures, and life experiences that requires you, the learner, to interact with new ideas on several levels.You will write one 4-Mat Review for the Entwistle text and one for the McMinn text. In preparing your 4-Mat Reviews, use each of the 4 sections listed below with corresponding APA-style, Level 1 headers:
- Summary: After listing the name of the book and author, summarize the book concisely in 500 “tight” words (no more than 2 pages). Prove that you comprehend the reading by writing a no-nonsense summary. The summary is not a commentary or listing of topics, but rather a heartfelt, condensed, insightful synopsis of the longer, more elaborate book. Cite the book in text at least once per paragraph, and include page numbers for direct quotations.
- Concrete Responses: Be vulnerable! In at least 250 words (no more than one page), write about a personal life episode that this book triggered in your memory. Relate your story in first person, describing action and quoting exact words you remember hearing or saying. In the teaching style of Jesus, this is your own parable, case study, and confession. You will remember almost nothing you have read unless you make this critical, personal connection. When reading the book, what video memory began to play in your mind? This is your chance to tell your story and generate new ideas.
- Reflection: What new questions arise for you in response to what you have read? Take notes as you read. Outsmart the author by asking better questions than he did. Begin with questions like, “What troubles me about this book?” Discuss the positives and negatives about the book. Limit this section to 250 words (no more than one page).
- Action: What are you going to do about it? Develop action steps based on core points of the book. This section must be a description of how main ideas will affect your counseling. What professional changes will you implement and share with others? Be precise in summarizing your action steps. Present these comments in at least 200 words (no more than one page).
Create and submit these assignments in Microsoft Word documents. Provide an APA-style title page including your name, the paper title (referring to the book title), and the institutional affiliation (Liberty University). Keep in mind that current APA recommends the title length not to exceed 12 words. Also, use a running head in the appropriate place and a page number on every page. You are also required to create a References page on which you provide the complete reference citation for book in compliance with current APA standards.
Please note: Your grades on the 4-MAT Reviews depend on the manner in which you address each of these 4 dimensions in response to your readings. Each review must be double-spaced and adhere to the lengths as noted above (not including the title page and References page). Use quotes strategically and sparingly, per current APA; in a paper this size, do not use longer (block) quotes
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS