The textbook distinguishes the differences between evaluation and research. Discuss how each of these concepts fits into health promotion intervention strategies.
PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU AGREE WITH MY CLASSMATE RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS? (A MININUM OF 150 WORDS)
While research on health promotion interventions has had a long history, the systematic search for evidence of effective health promotion probably began with the publication of two significant sets of reviews of effectiveness on a wide range of topics (DiClemente, Salazar, Crosby; 2013).
Principles for the evaluation of health promotion initiatives
§ Participation – at each stage of evaluation those with an interest should be involved. These can include policy-makers, community members and organizations, health and other professionals, etc.
§ Multiple methods – evaluations should draw on a variety of disciplines and employ a broad range of information gathering procedures
§ Capacity building – evaluations should enhance the capacity of individuals, communities, organizations etc.
§ Appropriateness – evaluations should be designed to accommodate the complex nature of health promotion interventions and their long-term impact
Conclusions and recommendations for the evaluation of health promotion initiatives
1) Those who have a direct interest in a health promotion initiative should have the opportunity to participate in all stages of its planning and evaluation
2) Adequate resources should be devoted to the evaluation of health promotion initiatives (at least 10%).
3) Health promotion initiatives should be evaluated in terms of their processes as well as their outcomes.
4) The use of randomized controlled trials to evaluate health promotion initiatives is, in most cases, inappropriate, misleading and unnecessarily expensive.
5) Expertise in the evaluation of health promotion initiatives needs to be developed and sustained
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS